Company Licensing, TPA Licensing & Compliance Analyst
We are looking for seasoned compliance professional who can work remotely from their own location. In this position you will have a lot of variability may be looking for a needle in a haystack- but you could be it!
The individual we are seeking should have experience in insurance company licensing, TPA licensing, filing for Foreign Entity Business Registrations as well as have compliance experience with insurance products. With respect to licensing we are seeking expertise in assisting our clients with their licensing needs via the UCAA process for insurance companies, and through NIPR etc. for TPA and MGA/Broker Licensing.
With respect to compliance we are seeking an individual that has a diverse compliance background in life and health products with an emphasis on health products and be experienced in both group and individual products. Current experience in supplemental products such as critical illness, cancer, hospital indemnity, dental, vision, limited benefit plans, disability income desired. Familiarity with extraterritorial issues and eligible groups a plus. The candidate must be professional, highly organized, detail oriented and a team player.
We are seeking a blend of these two duties:
In this position your responsibility will be to manage the licensing process for Primary, Expansion and Corporate Amendment applications including:
- Evaluate all regulations and legislation for licensing activities and ensure appropriate implementation
- Prepare strategies for various clients based on their needs and timelines
- Prepare a licensing project plan for each client
- Coordinate and assemble the required information in an organized and detail-oriented fashion
- Completion of the application forms, certifications, affidavits etc. based on information supplied by the client
- Coordination of obtaining fingerprinting cards and any other information required for submission.
- Complete and coordinate the application and the filing process for admission to each state
- Assembling the information in the order in which the state requires.
- Submission via the UCAA, TPA application or applicable platform
- Consistent follow-up to the state and regular status reports to the client.
- Facilitating the handling of responses to state inquiries.
COMPLIANCE ANALYST DUTIES
- Perform high level legislative research and review of state laws and regulations, draft contract language for complex health and accident products as well as life and annuity
- Develop appropriate filing strategies and negotiate regulatory approvals of all client projects as assigned
- Demonstrate familiarity with extraterritorial research, group trusts and association products as well as traditional group medical products.
- Utilize strong project management skills; handle multiple projects and products; keep clients and staff abreast of status.
- Obtain approvals by creating, drafting, and revising policy forms in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Establish and maintain rapport with regulatory personnel, resolving concerns.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in licensing/compliance for individual and/or group accident and health, life and annuity insurance. Prior licensing and product compliance and/or state filings experience required
- Minimum 4-year college degree in Business, Insurance, English, Law, or related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- SERFF Filings experience, required. However, SERFF filings are not a primary responsibility. This position works together with compliance project specialists who perform the SERFF filings.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively on an independent basis and remote from a home office operation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and business judgment; ability to enhance team performance through individual contribution and focus on common goals.
- Demonstrated progressive and broad-based comprehension of insurance operations such as contracts, claims, underwriting.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite and familiarity with current e- trends. Ability to troubleshoot IT problems working independently.